Duplicate Audio Finder
Duplicate Audio Finder is a utility for scanning your computer and finding duplicate copies of your audio files.
Duplicate Audio Finder will find audio files that are an exact copy of each other but also can compare audio files by content and give a match for audio files that have different resolutions, bit rate or format but contain the same audio.
Additionally to audio files, MP4 video files with AAC audio track can be also searched - the AAC audio tracks will be compared that's usually enough to compare the video files as well.
- Find duplicate audio files that are exact copy of each other
- Find duplicate audio files which have the same artist and title tag
- Find duplicate audio files that have the same content
- Matching audio files are displayed in groups
- Preview matching audio files and their ID3v1, ID3v2, APE , Flac, MP4, Opus and Vorbis and WMA tag information and album cover pictures (BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF)
- Delete audio files that are not needed
- Multi-threaded processing
- Full unicode support
Unregistered version is a fully functional 25 day trial version with a 200 audio file processing limit. If you like this software please register.
There is also a Duplicate MP4 Video & Audio Finder and Duplicate Picture Finder free to try.
Supported audio file formats:
- MPEG I Layer 3 (*.MP3)
- MPEG I Layer 2 (*.MP2)
- MPEG I Layer 1 (*.MP1)
- MPEG Audio (*.MPG, *.MPA)
- Ogg Vorbis (*.OGG)
- Microsoft WAVE (*.WAV)
- Audio Interchange File Format (*.AIFF, *.AIF, *.AIFC)
- Advanced Audio Coding (*.AAC, *.MP4, *.M4A, *.M4B)
- Dolby Digital AC3 (*.AC3)
- ADX (*.ADX)
- AIX (*.AIX)
- Apple Lossless (*.ALAC)
- Monkey's Audio (*.APE)
- Musepack (*.MPC)
- OptimFROG (*.OFR)
- Opus Interactive Audio Codec (*.OPUS)
- Speex (*.SPX)
- True Audio Codec (*.TTA)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (*.FLAC, *.FLA, *.FLC, *.OGA)
- Windows Media Audio (*.WMA)
- WavPack (*.WV)
- Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
Limitations in the Win64 version
- ADX, AIX and OptimFROG audio files are not supported
- After performing a search with the default parameters, and deleting the selected duplicates, try a second search with settings: 'Frame variation' = '1' and 'Difference tolerance' = '21%', it should help finding more duplicates.
- When searching for duplicate MP4 video files (that have an AAC audio track), for reference, 30 minutes long videos, set 'Difference tolerance' to 33%. The default settings are specified for usual songs (4-6 minutes, various styles).